I love a good trip to the mall as much as the next girl, but I also adore a good online shopping spree, as well. I love a great bargain, and comparing prices online is a favorite pastime of mine. There is a certain art to, so I thought I’d share my process when I’m shopping online.
- I have a handful of stores that send me emails when they’re having a sale. My go-to stores are Loft and Gap. I know pretty much what sizes I wear in both stores, so wondering about the fit isn’t an issue.
- Both of these places are great about returns. If I’m not happy with my purchase, I simply return it to the mall – no questions asked. I know some people don’t like making returns. Me? I have no problem with it. (And it’s great excuse to make a quick trip to the mall.)
- I read the customer reviews on anything I’m thinking of buying. These have been life savers when it comes to making a decision on fit or quality. If I really want something, I throw caution to the wind and order it anyway. 😜
- I write reviews on what I’ve bought. It doesn’t take long and Loft even has a monthly gift card contest for anyone who writes a review. Although I’ve yet to win one.
- Before I purchase ANYTHING online, I check out ebates.com. You all know about this site, right? All you have to do is sign up with them and then click through their site to the store you want to shop at…if you make a purchase you can get an average of 2-8% back. I recently purchased a new purse at Saks.com and received almost $25 back. Look! If you haven’t tried it, you need to!! Each quarter they deposit your savings into your Paypal or bank account. It’s that’s easy – no strings attached. If you want to try it, use the following link. http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=4rWhqt%2FtZe9UtRjoStA4iQ%3D%3D
- I also use sites like www.retailmenot.com to find the latest promo codes. This is also something I do every time I shop online. You can also find deals online if you just google whatever store you’re looking for and the words “promo code” or “coupon code”.
- I stack codes. Like I said in the previous bullet point, I recently bought a purse at Saks online. I was shopping on my iPad and was trying to decide between buying the bag at Bloomingdales or Saks because they had the best deals. Believe me, I did my research. It came down to the ebates money back and shipping. I would have gotten free shipping at Bloomies, but the deal at Saks was a little better. I found a free shipping code for Saks and tried to stack it on top of the friends and family code, but it wouldn’t let me. The shipping cost was $17. I decided to sleep on it, and the following morning, I made the decision to buy it at Saks. On a whim, I tried the shipping code and it let me use it. This time I was on my iPhone. I ended up getting a $438 purse for $303.54. Here is my beautiful new bag.
- I take advantage of flash sales. Loft is famous for this! If you check your email in the evening on a weekday, chances are, you’ll find a flash sale every couple of weeks. Usually they are 50-60% off. Just recently, they did a 70% off sale on their clearance items.
- If you don’t like paying shipping, you’ve got a couple of options. You can purchase the minimum amount required to receive free shipping or you can wait until you find a free shipping code. Recently, J. Crew and their outlet store have been offering free shipping. My Gapcard allows me to purchase anything with free shipping. This is a great feature, especially because I get the same deal at Old Navy and Banana Republic. I’ve also gotten such great deals, that I didn’t mind paying the shipping costs. It’s all in how you look at it. 😉
So, if you don’t mind waiting a few days or so for what you’ve purchased and you love to get a great price – online shopping can offer some fabulous savings.
I’ve shared my tips, but I would love to hear more. Please share any advice on how to save me more money. 😀